I can't promise to respond to all email. Please don't take any lack of or delay in response to be any indicator of my worth or yours; it is far more likely to be a side effect of a busy life than it is a value judgment - unless you are sending me misogynistic spam for wigs. In that case, it's totally a reflection on your worth as a human being.
There's an outside chance that email might not be what you are looking for. I provide up-to-date local nattering and non sequiturs for the masses on twitter. I solicit book recommendations and post pictures from my critter cam and roadtrips to facebook (I prefer to have a context for folks on facebook - family, classmates, former coworkers, friends, witty internet pals, as opposed to total strangers for whom I have no context.) I do have a g+ account, but come on! I never check it because I don't work at Google and I have no need for hangouts.
Please Don't Mail Me If:
- You want to sell me your services.
- You want to offer me the chance to do free work for your benefit.
- You want me to do your homework.
- You think I'm going to Hell.
- You want to suggest a hook-up.
- I've already turned down that 3 month 70 hour a week temp job that would require me to move there.
- Some entity I am loosely associated with, adjacent to, or simply nearby has offended you.
- You are going to complain about how I comport myself on-line.
- You believe I was completely wrong about an opinion I voiced online in 1995 about a small piece of pop culture.
If, instead, you are witty, funny, informative, or simply a fine human being, you contact me at